Thursday, February 14, 2013

Our Story: love.

8 years ago, Jake and I started our love story.
He was in Oregon.
I was in NY.


Jan 2, 2005 we started to email.
We emailed every day (sometimes twice a day) for the next year.

We typed about our pasts.
Our hopes.
Fears.
Trials.
Successes.
Emotions.

Story after story.
Thought after thought.

Emails filled with honesty, humor, kindness, hope, and admiration.

Those emails- those words- created a foundation for the marriage and family we have now.

A few months back, Jake asked me to check on an amazon.com shipping order in his email account.
When I popped in I found a folder titled "Jilly".
I opened it.

He kept every single email we had written one another.

So today- in the spirit of the day of LOVE- I printed them out and got them bound.



I titled our story:

love.

No comments:

Post a Comment