Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A New Chapter: Professionally.

December 1st, 2013 will mark the day Enrich All (my beloved non profit) will be no longer.

The time has come, to grow and expand- and we (Enrich All) has been offered a firmer foundation in which to grow.

Our message, our mission, will be carried over to the non profit Housing Independence.

For me, these four years have been a constant learning experience.
I had (and really, have) no idea how to run a business that experiences such constant demand for growth.
The time, energy, emotional and cognitive stamina it takes to run and grow such, is beyond what I (and my partners) can do any longer.

Enrich All's vision of what Social Enrichment should look like, for adults with developmental disabilities, has proven itself to be a reliable, engaging, goal exceeding, self worth building, model.

Over the past 4 years of operations, Enrich All was able to enrich over 100 adults in Washington and Multnomah County. Pushing and encouraging each client to be their best self, by teaching the skills that are needed to carry out and carry on, a fulfilling social life.

I could not be more proud of this little engine that could.

The two girls who carried this torch with me- who stood in when the going got too tough, who ran when I needed to walk, my partners in crime: I am honored to have had them steer the ship with me, and horned to call them my friends.

Our staff of 12 Providers: it was their passion and dedication to the vision that fueled the boat- and for that, I am eternally grateful.

It is a new era for Enrich All- we now get to focus our time and our energy into program development while continuing to grow our enrichment sector- giving countless more adults with developmental disabilities, the opportunity to succeed socially in their communities.

So grateful for the lessons learned.
So grateful for the relationships built.
So grateful for the souls who poured their passion into the vision and made Enrich All, Enrich All.



No comments:

Post a Comment