Saturday, September 1, 2012

GFCF Bread

I have been beyond nervous to bake GFCF bread.
I am not one for failures (who is, eh?) so finding a recipe that was in my comfort zone and had an appealing picture tutorial was essential for me to find success!

Luckily I stumbled on to:

www.barefeetinthekitchen.blogspot.com

Her GF bread recipe used the flours I was used to, the ratios I was used to, and I was easily able to change her dairy products into CF products.

So, this chilly (wonderfully cozy) morning I gave it a whirl (literally, whirled it in my Kitchen Aid):


Her recipe called for butter and milk, so I subbed in rice milk and Earths Best. I went ahead and used real eggs (knowing Carter is ok when eggs are baked for more than 20 minutes in the oven) as I felt the eggs were essential for the structure of the bread (once I get more comfy with this recipe, I'll start playing around with my egg substitute).


Kind of sticky stuff, I didn't even try to use my hands to manipulate- all spatula!


Letting it rise (again).

And then, it happened- a loaf of GOOD GFCF bread for the fam.

A success at 140 s. Olive St. this morning.

1 comment:

  1. I am thrilled that the bread turned out so well for you! Thanks for stopping by to let me know. I love having such a simple easy to use recipe for our sandwich bread. Have a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete