Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A-mazing Lemon Cookies

I would consider myself a rather modest individual, but shout it from the heavens- I just made the world's best gfcf lemon cookies!!!
I wanted a cake-ier cookie but could not find a recipe to support such- so I wrote my own!
After baking so damn much I had learned what the more common ratios were for cookies, breads, muffins, cakes etc. So my ratios support a crunchier outside and a fluffy, cake-y inside. And you wouldn't believe it, it actually worked!
Came up with this:

Jilly's Lemon Cookies

2 cups GF AP flour (note: my gf ap has xanthum gum already in it. If your gf ap is missing it, this recipe would call for 1/2 tsp xanthum gum).
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
(Mix all this is a bowl, set aside).

1/4 cup rice milk
1/2 cup veg. Oil
2 eggs
(Mix in kitchen aid. Once mixed, add dry ingredients).
Add to mixture:
1/2 tsp lemon extract
2 tbsp lemon juice
Mix for 1 min on medium speed.

I then scooped out balls and rolled them in powered sugar.
Placed the sugared balls on a cookie sheet and pressed down.
Bake for 12 ish minutes at 350.

Literally A-mazing!

1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy, we may have to give them a go for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete