Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Back Home: Silly Hospital

Jake and I were just celebrating how easy-peasy this pregnancy has been vs. our cooking session with little Miss Roo.
This time of gestation with Carter I was held up at St. Vincents with Gall stones and meningitis. Wouldn't you know it- I spent yesterday at our old friend- Mr. Hospital.

They had me come in with fears of appendicitis.

After an ultrasound and an MRI, they we're able to give me a 90% clear of appendicitis but were certain I had some kind of nasty bug, and had strained my round ligaments while throwing up the night before.



I got to go home (12 hours later and 3 gallons of water through my veins) and am feeling ok today. Back on zofran (anti-nausea meds.) to make sure I keep my water and food down while we weather this storm.

Even with this trip to the hospital, and this nasty, nasty, bug in my tummy, I am feeling SO blessed at how refreshing and smooth this pregnancy has been.

Week 32 (with Finnegan)
Gained: 18 pounds
BP: 100/54
Exercise: 6 mornings a week for 3-4 mile walks
Side effects: flu like bug, hip discomfort

Week 32 (with Carter)
Gained: 50 pounds
BP: 160/100
Exercise: None. I was on mod. bed rest due to pre eclampsia and meningitis recovery.
Side effects: massive swelling, pre eclampsia, high blood pressure, blah. blah blah.)

Crazy how one body can produce such different pregnancy experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment