Friday, June 8, 2012

Chicken and Date Night

For the past few weeks I have been making two roasting chickens at a time- one to eat for dinner, and the other to pull apart and use for lunch meat.
I also use the carcasses for proper chicken broth (allow to simmer the next day for a few hours with spices, veggies and water).
I rubbed the chickens with olive oil, stuck carrots, celery, garlic cloves and onions in their middles and added a spice rub (salt, ground pepper, basil).


Mashed taters were boiled with two garlic cloves- and then mashed up with salt, rice milk and some FABULOUS Earths Best 'Butter'. Delicious.
Peas (frozen organic) were easy and fast as I had a date to get ready for! Well, my Grandma's 90th birthday bash, but Jake and I will both be there with no kids, so I am going all out (and by all out I mean makeup, jewelry and hair product).



Success! The ladies loved it- note Lou feeding herself...truly unreal!


No comments:

Post a Comment